- 16 Oct 2017: We released our September 2017 indicator report monitoring the implementation of Transforming Health. This is the fourth edition of the report, containing updated quarterly data from Q1 2007-08 to Q4 2016-17. For more information, see our Reports page.
- 21 Sep 2017: We met for our regular bi-monthly meeting. Confirmed minutes from previous bi-monthly meetings are available for download via our Meeting minutes page.
- 8 Sep 2017: We released two case study reports to the public, Aboriginal health in South Australia: 2017 case study and Revisit review of Country Health Advisory Councils' governance. See our Reports page for more information.
- 24 Aug 2017: We hosted a webinar with Country Health Advisory Councils (HACs) and Country Health SA to discuss findings from our latest case study into HACs governance. A recording of the webinar and slidedeck from the presentation is available on our Reports page.
Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008, set up to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia after hospital boards were abolished.
The health system is complex. We contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.