What's new from the Health Performance Council:
- 13 June 2018: We responded to the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ consultation on topics for the 2021 Census. Download our response here (PDF, 418 Kb).
- 05 June 2018: We published our brief report into the health of people in prison in South Australia and their health outcomes compared to the rest of the population. Download the report here (PDF, 554 kB).
- 01 June 2018: On 22 May 2018, we hosted the 9th Aboriginal Leaders' Forum. The Premier of South Australia, Hon. Steven Marshall MP, delivered the opening address and the forum heard a keynote talk from HPC member Rick Callaghan. Find out more and watch videos of the Premier's speech and his question and answer session via our Get involved page.
- 28 May 2018: We released our sixth and final report monitoring changes in indicators of access, equity, consumer/patient experience and staff engagement before and during the period of Transforming Health. For more information, see our Reports page.
- 3 May 2018: We met for our regular bi-monthly meeting. Confirmed minutes from previous bi-monthly meetings are available for download via our Meeting minutes page.
- 19 Mar 2018: We released our 2018 summary of how South Australian health system performance compares nationally across selected indicators taken from the Productivity Commission's Report on Government Services. For more information, see our Reports page.
- 9 Mar 2018: We released the output report from our first regional leaders' forum, held in Port Lincoln on 21 February 2018. Download the report here.
- 12 Dec 2017: We published our brief report into Hotspots of potentially preventable hospitalisations in South Australia’s public hospitals.
- 15 Nov 2017: We hosted our 8th Aboriginal Leaders' Forum. Keynote presenter was Treaty Commissioner Dr Roger Thomas on progress of Treaty negotiations. More information is available via our Get involved page.
- 8 Sep 2017: We released two case study reports to the public: Aboriginal health in South Australia: 2017 case study; and Revisit review of Country Health Advisory Councils' governance. See our Reports page for more information.
Welcome to the online home of the Government of South Australia's Health Performance Council.
We are an independent body established under the Health Care Act 2008 to support a more co-ordinated health system in South Australia.
The health system is complex. We contribute to transparency and accountability about:
- health outcomes for South Australians, including particular population groups, which we monitor with the State of Our Health online report;
- operation of the South Australian health system, including how it is engaging individuals and communities; and
- any other relevant, significant issues related to the South Australian public and private health systems.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
We acknowledge the resilience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in achieving personal, family and community wellbeing despite adverse social, environmental and economic factors.