What's new from the Health Performance Council:
- March 2020: Are you someone with lived experience of disability who engages with the health system, a family member or carer of someone with a disability, a healthcare or disability services worker, or anyone else interested in health and disability? We would like to hear about your stories and lived experience to health shape our review of outcomes and experiences. Find our more.
- 23 Mar 2020: We released our indicator report to monitor implementation of the South Australian Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2020–2025. Download the report here.
- 28 Feb 2020: We released the 2020 edition of our annual summary of select health-related Report on Government Services indicators. Our summary compares South Australia’s health system performance with the other states and territories and previous reporting periods. See our Reports page for more information.
- 27 Feb 2020: We held our regular bi-monthly meeting. Minutes of previous meetings are available for download from our Meeting minutes page.
- 02 Dec 2019: The 12th Aboriginal Leaders’ Forum was held on 14 November. Find out more and read the output report.
- 29 Nov 2019: Read the second edition of our report on hotspots of potentially preventable admissions to South Australia’s public hospitals, published today.
- 26 Nov 2019: Read or download the community edition report of our post-implementation review of Country Health’s Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy.
- 09 Oct 2019: Read the paper we presented to the International Evaluation Conference in Sydney about the governance model of our post-implementation review of Country Health’s Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy.
- 30 Sep 2019: Read our output reports of our visit to the Limestone Coast earlier in September.
- September 2019: Find out about our developing project to measure and report on whether and to what extent there may exist institutional racism in South Australia’s Local Health Networks.
- 26 Aug 2019: We released a statistical addendum utilising linked data to complement last year's Revisit review of South Australia's Palliative Care Services Plan 2009-16. Find out more.
The Health Performance Council is a statutory Ministerial advisory body established under the Health Care Act 2008. We are South Australia’s only external review body providing expert advice to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing on the performance of the state’s health systems. Our advice focuses on health outcomes for South Australians, in aggregate and for sub-population groups; on governance; and on the effectiveness of community engagement.
We produce four-yearly reviews of South Australian health system performance, case studies and other monitoring reports.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
The Health Performance Council acknowledges the Aboriginal peoples of South Australia and their ongoing contributions to and participation in the life of South Australia. We acknowledge and respect their spiritual relationship with their respective countries.
We also acknowledge the diversity of Aboriginal people in South Australia. South Australia is estimated to be the area of 50 different language groups at the time of European colonisation and 36 continuing language groups (source: Reconciliation SA). Aboriginal peoples in their diversity have demonstrated resilience and have made significant contributions to South Australia despite the ongoing effects of colonisation and dispossession.