What's new from the Health Performance Council:
- 20 June 2019: The government has issued its formal response to our 4-yearly review for 2015–2018. Find out more.
- 18 June 2019: Read the output report and download the presentations from the eleventh Aboriginal Leaders' Forum, from our Get involved page.
- 06 May 2019: We wrote to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing in response to the Health Care (Governance) Amendment Bill 2019 being introduced into the South Australian Parliament. This Bill includes provisions for the dissolution of the Health Performance Council once the Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health is established. For more information and to download a copy of our response, see our About Us page.
- 02 May 2019: We held our regular bi-monthly meeting. Confirmed minutes from previous bi-monthly meetings are available for download via our Meeting minutes page.
- 04 Apr 2019: Our major 4-yearly review into the performance of the South Australian health system for the period 2015–2018 has been tabled in Parliament. Read the web edition (selected content only) or download the full PDF.
Calling all Aboriginal leaders with an interest in health, wellbeing and population health research!
We are pleased to invite you to the Aboriginal Leaders’ Forum, on 9 May 2019 in Port Adelaide. This is the eleventh in our popular series of twice-yearly meetings of South Australia’s Aboriginal leaders who have an interest in health, wellbeing and population health research. Save the date and register now!
- 14 Mar 2019: We are pleased to welcome Ellen Fraser-Barbour as a new member of the Health Performance Council. Find out more.
- 08 Mar 2019: Our annual South Australian summary from the health indicators in the Productivity Commission’s Report on Government Services is now available.
- 31 Jan 2019: We have published our final report from our post-implementation review of Country Health SA’s Aboriginal Community & Consumer Engagement Strategy. Download the report or find out more.
The Health Performance Council is a statutory Ministerial advisory body established under the Health Care Act 2008. We are South Australia’s only external review body providing expert advice to the Minister for Health and Wellbeing on the performance of the state’s health systems. Our advice focuses on health outcomes for South Australians, in aggregate and for sub-population groups; on governance; and on the effectiveness of community engagement.
We produce four-yearly reviews of South Australian health system performance, case studies and other monitoring reports.
Find out more about:
- Who we are and what we do, including:
- The statistics that we publish
- The reports that we produce
- How we consult and how you can get involved
- The major reviews we undertake
The Health Performance Council acknowledges the Aboriginal peoples of South Australia and their ongoing contributions to and participation in the life of South Australia. We acknowledge and respect their spiritual relationship with their respective countries.
We also acknowledge the diversity of Aboriginal people in South Australia. South Australia is estimated to be the area of 50 different language groups at the time of European colonisation and 36 continuing language groups (source: Reconciliation SA). Aboriginal peoples in their diversity have demonstrated resilience and have made significant contributions to South Australia despite the ongoing effects of colonisation and dispossession.